Sunburst Banner backgroundMiddle Fork Fun Logo
Middle Fork American River at French Meadows Inlet

Fire Permits

To help maintain, manage, and improve our national forests and grasslands, it is important to only use outdoor fire pits. Placer County Water Agency partners and coordinates with state and federal government agencies about Middle Fork American River recreation permits managed by them.

For any activity using fire outdoors, the U.S. Forest Service requires obtaining a free fire permit online or from any Forest Service, Cal Fire or Bureau of Land Management office near you.

Campfire permits are valid from the dated issued until December 31 each year. The permit may be used in any national forest in northern California, the Sierra Nevada or on Bureau of Land Management land.


144 Ferguson Rd.

Auburn, CA 95603

(530) 823-4850

Copyright © 2021 Placer County Water Agency All Rights Reserved